The Baby Planner

The Baby Planner is to Expecting Parents, what a Wedding Planner is to an engaged couple. The Baby Planner is here to hold your hand every step of the way in the biggest decision of your life. First comes The Baby Planner...THEN comes the Baby in the Baby Carriage!!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Welcome Baby Alice!

A very special WELCOME to the world to my Goddaughter Alice! Weighing in at a whopping 5lb 5oz, she's the tiniest and cutest little button, swimming in her preemie size kimono. When her brother (my Godson) Liam met her for the first time, his exact words were, "What the heck!"....wise words from a very wise 2 year old!! Definitely a moment I will never forget. I am very lucky to have the best Godmother in the whole world, and I hope that I can follow in her footsteps for my own Godchildren.
My first Godmother duty for Alice was finding preemie clothes that were actually small enough for her to go home in. I learned that not all "preemie" sized clothing is actually small enough for most preemies. I found that the smallest preemie sizes were at BabyGap and Gymboree, fitting little ones in the 5lb range. It was so fun to go back to the hospital and dress her up in the tiniest little designer kimono sets and bundlers. Alice you are a very exciting addition to the family, and I already love being your Aunt Kiki!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome baby Alice! Liam is going to be such a good big brother :)

    ReplyDelete